B.M. Composition and Theory
New York University 2007
Founder’s Day Award
Honors Scholar Award
• Advanced Instrumental Conducting
• Film Music: History and Aesthetic Perspectives
• Sonata in 19th Century
• Composition Music Synthesis
• Music Criticism
• Music History I-V and Twentieth Century
• Advanced Theory; Honor Track
• Form and Analysis
• Film Music Editing
• Compositional Process in the Orchestra
• Advanced Orchestration.
• Scoring for Film & Multimedia
Advanced academic vocation:
• Private lessons in classical guitar performance with world-renowned guitarist Frederic Hand.
• Honor track studies in theory and composition with Dr. Panayotis Mavromatis.
• Private studies in composition with Justin Dello Joio, Michael Patterson and NYU department
chair Dr. Dinu Ghezzo.
• Private studies in film scoring with Michael Patterson, Dr. Ronald Sadoff and world-renowned
film composer, Ira Newborn.
• Advanced conduction with director Dr. Dinu Ghezzo.
• Mannes Merit Scholarship for classical guitar performance. New School University 2003-2004.
• New York University Dean’s List 2005-2009.
• Founder’s Day Award. New York University 2006.
• Honor Scholar Award. Steinhardt School of Music 2007.
• The American Music Center’s CAP Award 2009.
Professional experience and credits:
• Commission and world premiere: Esther, Music for Violin and Piano
Weill Hall at Carnegie Hall, New York February 21st, 2004.
• Commission and world premiere: Three Characters for Solo Piano
Ebisu Museum Concert Hall, Tokyo Japan April 15th, 2006.
• Orchestral film music for Brothers In Arms final cut 2007.
• Music for nylon guitar, steel string guitar and harmonica. Orphan Film Symposium 2008.
• Master Class with Mark Snow 2008.
• Lecture: The art and history of film scoring, Dakota Sky Music Festival 2008.
• Brothers in Arms screening: Dakota Sky Music Festival 2008.
• Commission: 21 Flat, Dakota Sky Music Festival 2008.
• Commission by Prism Project: World premiere Currency at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall New
York January 15th 2009.
Skills and qualifications:
• Advanced notation engraving; Sibelius and Finale.
• MIDI Sequencing and digital audio processing
• Film music editing and conformation
• Logic Studio, Pro Tools, Digital Performer
• Recording and engineering: Apogee Ensemble
Founder, Artistic Director: Chamber Music Society of New York inaugural season 2009.
Masters of Music Recipient spring 2009.
More information is available at http://www.GravesMusic.com
New Music USA | 90 Broad Street, Suite 1902, New York, NY 10004 | 212-645-6949 | email@example.com
Terms of Service