Ruminations (Six Poems Of William Bronk)
About this work:
1. Of the Natural World (bflat clarinet and piano)
2. Skunk Cabbage (bass clarinet and piano)
3. I Thought It Was Harry ( voice and piano)
4. The Wall (bflat clarinet and piano)
5. You Get to Gilead (b flat clarinet and piano)
6. The Ruminations of Rivers ( b flat clarinet and piano)
These songs were commissioned by the children of Charles Randall Gilmore in memory of William Bronk.
No premiere as of yet but I recorded the first five songs with baritone, Elem Eley and clarinetist, Bruce Williamson.
Maisie Light Publishing. Available through Glendower Jones at Classical Vocal Reprints www.classicalvocalrep.com.
Version: for baritone, clarinets and piano
Year composed: 2003
Ensemble type: Voice, Solo or With Chamber or Jazz Ensemble:Voice with Chamber/Jazz Ensemble, 2-5 Players
Instrumentation: 1 Clarinet, 1 Bass Clarinet, 1 Piano, 1 Baritone
Instrumentation notes: 2. Skunk Cabbage - baritone, bass clarinet and piano
3. I Thought It Was Harry - baritone and piano
all others baritone, b flat clarinet and piano